Friday, February 3, 2012

The Power of Honesty

Could you let down your hair
And be transparent for a while
Just a little while
See if you're human after all
Honesty is a hard attribute to find
When we all want to seem like we've got it all figured out
Let me be the first to say that I don't have a clue
I don't have all the answers
And cannot pretend like I do 

just
Trying to find my way
Trying to find my way the best that I know how

Well I haven't memorized all the cute things to say
But I'm working on it
Maybe I'll master this art form someday
If I quote all the lines off the top of my head
Would you believe that I fully understand 

all of these things I've said
I'm just trying to find my way
Trying to find my way
Trying to find my way the best that I know how

Well I haven't got it all figured out quite yet
But even if it takes my whole life
To get to where I need to be
And if I should fall to the bottom at the end
I'll be one step back to you and trying.

-"Trying" by Lifehouse
___________________________________


I love Lifehouse.  I love the honesty in their lyrics. They reflect my feelings in ways I could never express on my own.  


Yesterday, there was a conflict that left me quite disturbed.  It made me ready to walk away from a commitment. I still may. We are told to be BOLD, LOVING and SENSIBLE. Where is the BOLD when you cave to presumed appearances over the individual? Where is the LOVING when you shun someone with a seeker's heart because of an outward sin? We all fail to live up to the standards set for us. Most of us are just better at hiding it. Does that make us more worthy because our laundry gets dried inside? And what is SENSIBLE about rejecting someone who is more than willing to help when all of the more "deserving" people are just too wrapped up in their own lives to lend a hand? 



No comments:

Post a Comment